Do you want to learn how to sell successfully online from an expert online buyer?
Do you want to know how online boutiques select new makers?
Do you want to learn how to create a good first impression online?
Do you struggle to tell your story confidently? Do you know how to create your ‘own voice’?
In this 15min. Design Trust Dialogue video interview with Daniel Goode, the Chief Seeker of online boutique Seek & Adore, you will learn all of that straight from the expert’s mouth!
(Please note that unfortunately Seek & Adore stopped trading in August 2014. However much of the discussion and information in this interview is still very relevant in the broader context of selling online.)
Dan talks enthusiastically with Patricia van den Akker, the Director of The Design Trust, in this Skype interview, about:
- What his job is all about and some background to online boutique Seek & Adore.
- How Seek & Adore specifically select makers. He gives some great insights here, not just useful if you would like to apply to them, but also if you want to apply to any other online shop, retailers or indeed crafts show. He explains the entire process and the many many considerations that he needs to take into account before he can select somebody. Really helpful to know! And so that you don’t have to take rejection personal!
- How you need to and can select where you want to sell online as a designer maker.
- How online selling and brick-and-mortar galleries differ.
- How to ‘have a voice’ and tell YOUR story, and how you can discover your voice and create a brand. As Dan says so beautifully: ‘Nobody is more interesting than themselves.’
- How to share your inspiration in a very immediate way and talk about yourself confidently, and bring your work truly alive. As Dan says it: ‘Being yourself is the richest vein you could tap.’
- He explains how to create a good first impression (very important online!) and how to capture those browsing online visitors.
- He explains in great detail what makes good photography, and the type of images you need for successful online selling. He also explains what your images need to show (you might be surprised!).
- And he talks about how to show the value of your work, and gives his tips on how to sell expensive crafts online.
About Daniel Goode, Chief Seeker Homewares at Seek & Adore:
He developed a love of studio pottery when he studied throwing, sculpture and design. He collects studio pottery and has a passion for seeking out pieces by talented but obscure makers.