Productivity may not sound like a sexy topic but it could make or break your creative business.
Not to mention your inspiration.
Many creative people would like nothing better than to be able to shut themselves in a room and get on with their work.
This isn’t just self-indulgence!
Creativity requires focus and dedication, which is hard to achieve when the phone doesn’t stop ringing and the email keeps pinging.
As a creative professional, you’re constantly having to balance the need to focus on your work while responding to the demands of colleagues, customers and clients.
This practical one hour webinar will help you resolve this tension, by finding the time and mental space for focused creative work – and still meeting all of your professional commitments.
You can download the podcast (audio only) here:
In this 1hour webinar Mark discusses:
- Finding the method in your creative madness: Routines, Systems & Spontaneity
- Harnessing the power of creative routines and rituals as a creative
- Setting up productivity systems that free your mind for creative thinking
- How to remember – and fulfil – all your important commitments
- Making room for play and spontaneity in a busy schedule
Additional resources Mark refers to in the webinar:
Mark’s own, very useful (!) e-book: Time Management for Creative People
Various blog posts by Mark:
- Creativity: Routines, Systems, Spontaneity (RSS)
- The Key to Creating Remarkable Things
- How Mundane Routines Produce Creative Magic
- If It Won’t Fit on a Post-it, It Won’t Fit in Your Day (One of my own favourite time management techniques!)
- Why Multitasking Doesn’t Work
- Stand by Your Computer
Mark mentions in the webinar Dragon Naturally Speaking a speech recognition software.
About the expert Mark McGuinness: