Passionate, life long learner, solution & goal orientated, making it happen
I combine being a coach and adviser: asking the big awkward questions for you to create the business that will work for you, but also giving you the advice on how to make it happen. You can find more information here about why I do what I do, who I am and how I work.
Do you want to work with me?
I have worked with 100’s of individuals and small business owners to help them create and develop their design and craft business, and I can help you too.
I have recently completed writing The Design Trust Guide To Start & Run A Successful Craft Business. This step-by-step guide challenges you to answer the big questions of what you really want to do and will give you lots of advice from business planning, to marketing, creating a collection, costing and pricing and finance.
If you want my personal advice and coaching to help you develop your business and especially your marketing, then you might like to join The Design Trust Get Clients Now coaching programme for designers and makers where you can get my advice and coaching both individually and as part of a group, to give your design or craft business a real marketing boost!
I provide 1-2-1 advice & coaching packages for more established designers and crafts people, who need more confidential and specific advice, especially around strategic business development and business modelling, or around marketing. These packages include an extensive meeting, followed by a report or plan, and then 4 – 6 coaching calls to follow up and help you implement your goals or marketing. Costs for these type of programmes are from £500 upwards. If you are interested in this please email me on email@example.com
I have worked with many business support organisations, universities, studio spaces and others. I create and deliver regular workshops and business games for a variety of organisations, or I can develop a business training programme for you. In the last year alone I have worked with:
- various universities as part of their enterprise programmes, including DJCAD in Dundee, Ravensbourne College, Central St. Martins and University of the Arts/UAL/ArtSmart, to run workshops around getting started as a creative soletrader and freelancer, online selling and promoting yourself.
- SPACE Studios on their New Creative Markets programme as a 1-2-1 adviser/coach, and running and coordinating workshops. If you are a creative business based in London and would like to get free marketing advice from me or many other experts, then you can find out more here.
- Exhibition organisers Made London and New Designers/One Year On running a series of webinars to help their exhibitors get ready for the show and get the most out of it.
- the University of the Arts UAL/SEE with written articles about setting up as a creative business, marketing, business planning and others for their free online Enterprise Guide.
- Ruthin Craft Gallery in Wales, Craft Central, Ideas Tap, Design Your Career, Capital Enterprise ‘Creative Meets Tech’ event, School for Social Entrepreneurs, Creative Choices/Creative & Cultural Skills Council and Folksy Summer School to create and deliver workshops on costing & pricing, different business models, trade show preparation, and growing a small business.
- British Library I curated and hosted a creative business growth event More than making, about innovative creative business models and income streams.
- School for Creative Startups I have run trade fair preparation workshops, intro sessions at their Showcase event and I am one of their 100 Titans (mentors).
- Graduate exhibition New Designers to coordinate, host and market a full Start Up Day event with 27 speakers, 3 talks and 5 panel discussions.
- Yorkshire Art Space as a consultant to develop their online business support programme Studio 54.
If you are interested in any of the above, then please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you.