The Design Trust organised a popular, full day event in the summer of 2012 all around selling for designers and makers, called: Make It Pay.
One of the most popular parts of this intensive day was an expert panel discussing online selling.
In this short video 5 experts give their practical tips to help you sell online better:
- Hilary Pullen of Haptree a social media consultant who has a great passion for handmade
- Guy Schrager of Supadupa an easy to use online platform for creatives to create their own online shop
- Polly Dugdale of Handmade Horizons a specialist online course and coaching programme for women makers who want to learn about online selling and marketing beyond Etsy and Folksy
- Megan Charnley of Fab UK an international online design shop working closely with designers and makers
- Dan Goode of Seek & Adore – an online boutique of contemporary makers. Please note that unfortunately Seek & Adore stopped trading in August 2014.