The Design Trust helps professional designers & craftspeople to create and run better businesses - for themselves, their families, communities, and the world.
We create, recommend and promote a wide range of practical & expert business development information, training, books, products & tools for starting and more established designers and craftspeople across the world:
- Browse our popular and up-to-date listings for business training & opportunities on the top left bar, including call for exhibitions, competitions and commissions – across the UK and international.
- Find here on the left our blog posts providing practical advice and tips for your design or craft business.
- The Design Trust Guide To Start & Run A Successful Craft Business - a 62-page e-book that gives you all the practical and expert information that you need. But it is also a work book; asking you some BIG questions, so that you can doodle and write along, developing the business that works for you – in a creative way.
- The Design Trust Business Club - our membership for both starting and existing sole traders, freelancers, partnerships and small business owners in design and craft. Members will get exclusive access to The Design Trust Webinars and The Design Trust Dialogues where we talk with a wide range of business experts, people who can help you sell or market your work, and successful designers and crafts people. Have you seen our latest short intro video yet?
- The Design Trust Get Clients Now! Coaching programme for designers and makers is an intensive 6 week group programme where you will learn the most effective ways to promote and sell yourself and your business, create your own marketing plan, and then get into action with support from an expert and the group. The programme has 2 online workshops, 5 group coaching calls plus individual feedback and coaching.
- The Design Trust 2013 Challenge: Join our free challenge that will help you to create the right creative business for you. Every month we create a new challenge that you can do too, and that you can share with other creatives online through our website.
- Sign up for our free newsletter here on the right to get every fortnight our e-newsletter full of our selection of opportunities, business training, blog posts and special offers delivered to your inbox.
In 2013 we launch:
The Design Trust Online Business School and Shop – full of hand-picked products, books, tools and e-courses to help you run your business better.
Dream, Plan, Do – A new e-book about how to turn your business idea into a business plan and then into reality, which will be available in August.
We are based in London, and we want to create a thriving international design and crafts scene, both financially and culturally.
We are a social enterprise who are really proud to be working in partnership with a group of 15 partners: a wide range of expert individual advisers and consultants, as well as non profit organisations and commercial business development and events businesses.
Have a look around, get in touch, and spread the word!