What we collect
We collect the following information from our Business Club members and participants of free webinars and events:
- your name and business name
- contact details including email address, full address, postcode, country
- other information such as design discipline, startup date, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, especially newsletter, webinars and events.
- We may use the information to improve and specify our products and services.
- If you have signed up for the newsletter or become a member we will periodically send you promotional emails about services which we think you may find interesting. You are at any time able to unregister.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our site is monitored 24 hours a day.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used the most by our readers. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to what our readers need and want. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you as a group find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links so that you can visit other relevant or interesting websites easily. However, once you leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website in question.
We also have included some affiliate links, whereby The Design Trust financially might benefit. For more details see the Disclosure Statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We only use registration forms for the newsletter and our online and offline events to collect personal details from you.
- We do not share your personal information with any other company. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If a webinar is organised by us with another speaker or expert, we will share your personal contacts with this speaker or company only.
- We make it very easy for you to de-register from any newsletters by clicking the link at the bottom of each newsletter or other promotional information.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Design Trust, 12 Reservoir Road, London N14 4BL. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.